Every sub has had the experience of facing a class room without sufficient
activities for which to fill the time. It helps to have some activities
at your fingertips.
Sees All Knows All Mind Game
*Do the following
exercise, guaranteed to raise an eyebrow.
* here's no trick or surprise.
*Just follow these
instructions, and answer the
questions one at a
time and as quickly as you can!
*Again, as quickly as
you can but don't advance until you've done
each of them..
- Think of a number from 1 to 10.
- Multiply that number by 9.
- If the number is a
2-digit number, add the digits
- Now subtract 5.
- Determine which letter in
the alphabet corresponds to the number you
ended up with. (Example: 1=a, 2=b, 3=c, etc.)
- Think of a country that starts
with that letter.
- Remember the last letter of the
name of that country.
- Think of the name of an
animal that starts with that
- Remember the last letter in the
name of that animal.
- Think of the name of a fruit that starts with that letter.
98% of the population will think of a
kangaroo in Denmark eating an
orange. If you think about it a while you will see why.
You can just do the math part of the exercise and surprise a person when you
know the answer.
A Logic Problem - (for Upper Grades)
There are five houses. In each house lives a man a certain
nationality, who has his favorite drink, he favorite game, and own unusual
- There are fives houses in a row, each having a different color.
- The Englishman lives in the red house.
- The green house is to the right to the white house.
- The Italian owns a guppy.
- Lemonade is drunk in the green house.
- The Swede drinks coffee.
- The man who plays backgammon owns a toad
- The man who plays racquetball lives in the yellow house.
- The man in the middle house drinks milk.
- The Russian lives in the first house.
- The man next door to the man who plays quoits, own a camel.
- The man who owns the rat lives next to the man who plays racquetball.
- The man who plays solitaire drinks vodka.
- The man who plays charades is an American.
- The Russian lives next door to the blue house.
With the above information you can discover the answer to the following
Question 1- Which man drinks diet soda?
Question 2-Which man owns a spider monkey ?